BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Vectorial Hatching in Elevation Issues

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Hi - wondering if anyone help me decipher what is going on and how to solve it. I would like a wall object to have the same grey fill line type as a morph object (wall panelling). In the screenshot, the wall object is on the left side (a screen actually that is shielding a spiral stair beyond); and the wall panelling on the right side. I began with a complex profile for the reveals of the panels on the right side, but after struggling to get the right fill there, I converted to morph and applied a GO to plywood fills on morphs. Problem is I cannot seem to replicate the same for the wall object (that is, make a GO rule change the wall surface fill to a lighter grey). On top of that, in the elevation view, I cannot affect anything about the left wall at all - as can be seen in the screenshot showing the wall settings dialogue window being open, but the "okay" button greyed out. The only thing one can do is to cancel out of the settings - you cannot change or affect them at all in the elevation. Very strange problem, as I am able to select other walls and objects in the elevation and use the settings to manipulate them (even other walls) - but not these walls. Feeling like I have tried just about everything to get the cover fill on the wall to match the millwork light grey plywood fill that I want - to no avail. Hence posting here to see if anyone can help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
This is very strange issue. Are you sure that these walls that you cannot modify, are not locked somehow, or that the layer is not locked, where walls are located? You are not in TeamWork I guess?
If you cannot modify these walls only in this particular view, maybe you can apply changes in floor plan? Or maybe try to create another elevation.
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Yes - very strange. Layer is unlocked and I am not working in TeamWork. I am able to modify the walls in plan view, but with some unpredictable results (i.e. I can move and manipulate them (wall settings window does not have the ''okay' button greyed out when in plan view, but turning them into morph from the plan view makes the wall-object disappear). This issue is on top of my inability to get the wall fill to have a lighter grey plywood fill like the panels on the right (even though I have adjusted the plywood surface material fill to be a light grey - it still shows dark black in elevation).
I will try to create another elevation and see if it behaves better. Thanks Podolsky.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
I placed a new elevation and the gremlins are gone. Have converted the walls to morphs so that the hatching shows the way I need them to - light grey.

Still don't know how to make the walls show with the desired hatching without resorting to turning them to morphs. But this will work for now.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Learn and get certified!