BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

What about an user forum for ArchiLumos 2.0?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I´m quite surprised with Archilumos rendering radiosity images inside ArchiCAD. What a workflow! Better now with the release of ArchiLumos 2.0 dated to november 8, which comes with a better integration with ArchiCAD.
What I miss is a user forum at Optgraph´s website to share tips, images and questions with others users. Maybe we can create one on Yahoo groups or something else. What do you Archilumos users think about it?

Regards,
Ricardo
30 REPLIES 30
stefan
Expert
Are there ArchiLumos users?

(Sorry if this sounds a bit sarcastic, but there has been a long time since the program was first mentioned and the day people outside of Sweden or Japan could actually get to know it, through the demo.)
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, there is a small number of ArchiLumos users, but I think this will change soon: now with the release of version 2, Optgraph decided to have a more aggressive marketing, they are recruiting representatives / distributors. I think they waited for a mature version to be distributed worldwide.

If anyone wants to have radiosity images rapidly inside ArchiCAD, I strongly recommend ArchiLumos. Lightworks without radiosity is waste of time.

I think Dwight uses ArchiLumos... Do you Dwight?
Dwight
Newcomer
I have used Archilumos.
It has many drawbacks.
Without pronouncing on the new version, these drawbacks were:
1: reliance on limited ArchiCAD material definitions.ie: you are better off in raytraced Lightworks images than trying to radiositize basic ArchiCAD materials.
2: radiosity mapping set too coarse led to staircasing of shadow generation - even in Optgraph's own promotional imagery!!!!
2A: radiosity mapping set too fine led to eternal rendering time of the spotless mind.
3: Flakey with Macintosh - Last fall when my G5 was brand new, Archilumos was crashing - we discovered a bug in the code.
4: bitmapped objects obviously incompatible with radiosity solution - intense polygons in foliage disasterous.
5: Low tolerance for object collisions.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ricardo wrote:
Yes, there is a small number of ArchiLumos users, but I think this will change soon: now with the release of version 2, Optgraph decided to have a more aggressive marketing, they are recruiting representatives / distributors. I think they waited for a mature version to be distributed worldwide.

If anyone wants to have radiosity images rapidly inside ArchiCAD, I strongly recommend ArchiLumos. Lightworks without radiosity is waste of time.

I think Dwight uses ArchiLumos... Do you Dwight?
It would be great to see some real world renders of archilumos, (not the stuff on their website) perhaps you you would like to post some of you work and help "persuade" lightworks / artlantis users that this is the renderer to use?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be great to see some real world renders of archilumos, (not the stuff on their website) perhaps you you would like to post some of you work and help "persuade" lightworks / artlantis users that this is the renderer to use?
Hello Lennox,

I'm a new user of ArchiLumos and radiosity, what I will show you is my first work for a client (after few tests of course). So I guess it can´t be a good example as I think I will get better since I don´t know yet the tricks of AL.
I'm aware that the best radiosity results I will find in Viz/Vray-Brazil, but I want an internal workflow so will look very close to the development of AL. There are improvements to take, as Dwight said, and ArchiLumos 2 is the start.

Finished with Photoshop
stefan
Expert
Ricardo wrote:
Hello Lennox,
I'm a new user of ArchiLumos and radiosity, what I will show you is my first work for a client[...]Finished with Photoshop
Do you mind showing the non-photoshopped version too?
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Stefan,

The original image is just the same as it, just without the vegetation and the girl. Here is another image of the same project.

What Dwight wrote doesn´t happen or bother me. I tell you what bothers me on Archilumos so far:

1- No alpha channel
2- Bad navigation and no option to save the desired view.
3- No RPC support.
4- Bad website and no user forum... 😞
This is a good place to watch for ArciLumos news in English. But it is not very up-to-date.

http://optgraph.com/archilumos/hottopics.html

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my second work with ArchiLumos. Not bad for me.
I hope Artlantis 5 will have an even better radiosity quality.

Ricardo
Learn and get certified!