Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

When you stumble through a lot of characters on your worksheet

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

LeeJaeYoung_0-1672933119802.png

If there are a lot of letters, if you select a letter and try to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel, you feel a stutter of less than 1 second.
I imported the same file into Revit, but it zoomed in and out smoothly.

Archicad was tested in worksheet and Revit in detail view.

P.S.) Even in Archicad, if you take the text to the floor plan and test it, there is no stuttering.

How can I solve this phenomenon?

If the text is small, as shown below, this is not a problem.

LeeJaeYoung_0-1672934436192.png

This test was done on ac25 and ac26

AC27 on window 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

the first screenshot looks to be like you've got a layout Trace Reference turned on.

this always slows down while moving around the view. by how much, depends on what you have in the active & trace views. selecting something seems to contribute to lag by a tiny bit, but not all the time.

it's not a problem in the second screeshot because it's in a Schedule.  you can't use Trace Reference in a schedule. but moving around a schedule can have it's own shortcomings.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

the first screenshot looks to be like you've got a layout Trace Reference turned on.

this always slows down while moving around the view. by how much, depends on what you have in the active & trace views. selecting something seems to contribute to lag by a tiny bit, but not all the time.

it's not a problem in the second screeshot because it's in a Schedule.  you can't use Trace Reference in a schedule. but moving around a schedule can have it's own shortcomings.

thank you.
I didn't know layout Trace Reference could slow things down like this. ^^

LeeJaeYoung_0-1672982775409.png

It's not a schedule.
The interior material deadline table used in Korea cannot be scheduled
I use an external Excel file in AutoCAD and import it from Table and use it in conjunction. Use it by Linking or Importing it to Archicad. ^^ I only need to edit the external Excel, so I'm comfortable with that.
Archicad's schedule is 90% perfect. So, because of 10%, I have to put Autocad in the middle, which can link external Excel. ^^

AC27 on window 11
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

good to hear you've found your answer.

now, i don't mean to pry into how your office does your does your Quality Assurances when it comes to CAD files, but looking at your View Map structure makes my OCD shudder.

to be fair, i'm not seeing the rest of the Saved Views, but it must be difficult to navigate through all that with little to no structure. i'm guessing you guys don't have a template to work with in the beginning?

apologies to yourself & the mods for going off topic of this post.

I can't speak English.
So I may be misunderstood, so please forgive me.
I am a beginner to study Archicad from revit user.
And now, we are preparing a template file for the method to be used in the work.
(You asked me if there was a template file. That's why I replied that I am making it.)

AC27 on window 11

that's fine.

yes, a template will definitely make things easier & faster -- especially when you have Folders already set up in the View Map.

good luck. templates are never easy to make & they're never complete. i would recommend downloading a template from people who've already made one & are making it available to download for free.

use it as a guide for making your own.

Thank you for your interest.

AC27 on window 11