Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Window Marker Display

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully I am simply missing something very easy here!

I am trying to place a marker for all of my exterior windows, but some of the windows do not display the marker correctly (the same marker). I have attached a couple of screen shots depicting the issue I am having.

Question: Does a window have to be either cut or set to display symbolically in order for a window marker to display?

This seems to be the result I am getting.

The root of the problem is both windows do not have the same sill height, one is at 2'-8" AFF and the other is 7'-4" AFF. Both windows need to be displayed on the plan but we prefer to display them differently (like we have it now).

Any help would be appreciated.
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy, very nice. You spent much more time that I expected anyone to on this issue.

Thanks for the help.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are welcome.
Now we have a "document" with all the options.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Sam Wheatley
Contributor
laszlonagy, your well done display of views clearly shows how AC lacks displaying window markers above the cut plain. In a recent job I had to manually draw in markers and label a few windows manually because the walls began above the cut plain. Showing them as symbolic was an incorrect display on the current floor plan. Thanks for the clarification.
ArchiCad 26 US

IMac Pro

iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 16 GB

NIVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lazlonagy your grid is fantastic & explains very clearly.

There should be an emoticon showing 'clapping hands' for this one. the ones we have here are not enough.

Ameya
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ameyaj wrote:
Lazlonagy your grid is fantastic & explains very clearly.

There should be an emoticon showing 'clapping hands' for this one. the ones we have here are not enough.

Ameya
I am glad you find them useful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I liked it very much.

The idea of making a comparative grid can be used to systematically Explore ( & clearly explain) a lot of other things in Archicad. Especially for people who are not used to working with BIM Software.

So thank you very much.

ameya
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo
Nice chart.
Wish more stuff was presented this way in the help files.
Especially when there are multiply "switches" that effect whether
something shows or not, or how it shows.
Inclusive of things like, (but obviously not limited to) whether vectorial hatchings show in infernal engine or not.
Now that there is not a main printed manual anymore, seems like GS expanding the help files to include more extensive diagrams like yours would not be an issue as much.
Actually, a "no brainer" in my opinion.
Very nice.
Thank you.
lec.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Actually I can forward this "wish" to Graphisoft.
You can even make a wish and we can vote for it so GS also has some idea of how important we users feel it is.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a great thread. Now, my issue is somewhat similar to this and I'm not sure how to resolve it:

I have a partial height wall that is projected and below the FPCP. It has the gate object representing gates in which we want to show ID markers of. As I've discovered, the markers will not show up unless the FPCP is cutting through the wall or gate. Also, it appears setting either the wall or gate to symbolic is not an option either since it makes them disappear from plan view. Is that because they are below the FPCP?

What options do I have if I really prefer NOT to adjust my FPCP height?

Thanks!
Karl Ottenstein
ksymons19 wrote:
T Also, it appears setting either the wall or gate to symbolic is not an option either since it makes them disappear from plan view. Is that because they are below the FPCP?
If they disappear when set to symbolic, then it is likely that you have the 'show on' set to 'home story only' and the short wall is not on the current story. Change the 'show on' to be 'al relevant stories'.

The alternative with the FPCP is a bit of work - you would have to create another view with another cut plane height to cut through your gates to show just them and their walls and then overlay that view on top the main view in your layout. Sounds like you don't need to do this since you are able to display the wall symbolically. (But, if the wall into which the gate was inserted was a complex profile wall, it would be your only option as there is no symbolic representation there.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB