Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wood Quantities

Srinivas
Booster
Dear all,

Is it possible to get the quantity of wood required for doors and windows? Using the library of doors and windows provided with archicad.If yes how? Or even for doors and windows created using Archiglazing.

Please suggest.

regards,
Srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I know there is a VOLUME3D () command in GDL. You can use that in the 3D Script of the Door/Window Object.
Then somehow assign this value to a parameter, and then list the parameter along with other parameters of the Window/Door.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Srinivas
Booster
Dear Laszlo,

Sorry for bringing this topic very lately.

I created a new parameter called "win_vol" and in the 3d script window of the window object and assigned the "win_vol" to volume3d () and called this parameter from the additional parameters window of interactive schedule.

But this parameter is showing a 0 value.

Please guide me accordingly or if there is any better way to get the wood and glass quantities or at least the surface areas of wood and glass individually.

We are using AC 9.0 Int. Version.

cheers,
Srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hello Srinivas,
Sorry, I was not on the list for a couple of days.

Unfortunately, I cannot offer you assistance in this matter, I do not know how this would be possible to do in Archicad.

The problem is that you want to list the value of an additional parameter, but the value used by the Interactive schedule is the default value of the parameter.
But what you need is a value that is generated while the 3D Script of the Library Part is being executed.
This is not possible currently in Archicad, as far as I know.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Roopa A
Contributor

Can we get the wood and glass quantities now i.e in AC19 or AC 24

Roopa A S

No I don't think so.

As mentioned in the replies of one of your other posts (https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Window-section-detail/m-p/309055/highli...), the door and window objects that come with Archicad, just aren't that detailed and don't contain quantity information for manufacturing the frames.

You could maybe get some very approximate quantities using properties with expressions using the width of the window x number of horizontal members and height x number of vertical members for lengths and then multiply that by frame dimensions to get a volume.

But it would be very messy and I wouldn't want to rely on it.

To get accurate quantities, your frames would need to be modelled as complex profile beams or walls.

As in physically modelled exactly as you would want to build it.

Or you would need to script objects that can report the values for each member used in the frame.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11