Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

archiBam 3D trees from the garden works library: unlocked!

Hello everyone,

I have been on a search for sometime now to find out who created these trees, and up until now I have had not luck. Aaron Bourgoin contacted me about one of my objects recently and while we were talking we got on the subject of the trees and he got me in contact with the right people. I have been given the unlocked trees to modify and share! I can give them to anyone who would also like to see them. they are currently in german. in order for me to share them i have been asked to collect names and emails of the people i share them with. These trees have great potential but need to have some updates and options added. Pm me if you are interested. lets all start pitching in and making archicad even better!!
19 REPLIES 19
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Those would be the trees that are a bit more crude version of the stuff VB Visual makes? I recall there being a german only library of slightly nicer trees too.

I've recently started using ye olde garden works trees, as our VB Visual library is for Artlantis. They work in ArchiCAD 18 just fine (and render fine too). They're not as smooth as the VB Visual ones though.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin wrote:
Those would be the trees that are a bit more crude version of the stuff VB Visual makes? I recall there being a german only library of slightly nicer trees too.

I've recently started using ye olde garden works trees, as our VB Visual library is for Artlantis. They work in ArchiCAD 18 just fine (and render fine too). They're not as smooth as the VB Visual ones though.
they are similar to the vb visual. i recently purchased their library and it is awesome. however these trees are neat in the fact that they randomly generate different branches and trunks. at least that what it seems to be doing. the vb visual trees also do not have any conifers. and almost all of the branches on those are images. the Archibam trees have some 3d branches and then leaves with smaller branch images.

Im currently working on editing the pine trees to be higher detail imagery and going to make a version with cutout images to look better in bimx.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The artlantis trees from VB visual are RNG too, I would've assumed the ArchiCAD version worked the same. Are they the same whenever you copy them, place them new, etc?

I tried the ArchiBAM ones in a fairly large shopping mall / leisure project mock up for BIMx to be shown on an iPad, I could not get away with the polycount they generate, even at low detail-ish poly settings, once you start placing a large number of them.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin wrote:
The artlantis trees from VB visual are RNG too, I would've assumed the ArchiCAD version worked the same. Are they the same whenever you copy them, place them new, etc?

I tried the ArchiBAM ones in a fairly large shopping mall / leisure project mock up for BIMx to be shown on an iPad, I could not get away with the polycount they generate, even at low detail-ish poly settings, once you start placing a large number of them.
Yup, no random in archicad. The archibam trees are very old from my understanding, But the code they hold offers many possibilities, such as creating random plants similar to the vb visual trees, plus it has pine trees. Ive been messing with the code a little with the small amount of spare time i can accumulate. I Bet with some updating they might not be so high in poly count. There are a couple of the trees that will freeze in 3d sometimes, im guessing something with the random. They work great for smaller residential products. I have managed to make them look decent for renderings as well. i am currently updating the images for the pine trees. but im doing them as cut outs to help with the transparency issues that arise in bimx. For being free they are pretty cool. and now with access to edit the code they will just get better. and always be free.

What kind of pc do you have components wise?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Oh the PC is fine (HP workstation), this was just a case of needing a BIMx to run on iPad for a client and it being a large project (big mall, leisure, indoor sports project) and there being a lot of the trees. I used them for indoor plants.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Craig Bagley
Contributor

Have you got Bush3_GWL? Tried to open it for some minor editing, and could not (password protected). I'm using it in a simple OpenGL render, but I can't access the image used to try and darken it.

AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6

We are using the massivator library found here: https://youtu.be/b5_QGzv6RHQ

It gives pretty good results in both cinerender and OpenGL if you hide the contours.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Thank you, Erwin. I found a substitute plant in the massivator library that works for me. Incredible library . . . . is there an English translation of the YouTube video? or is there something in the video settings to be able to translate?

AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6

As it is a YouTube video, go into the settings and turn on captions.

To begin with you may only have an option for Russian (auto generated).

But try again and you should see an option to auto translate to your choice of language.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11