BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

polyline bubble bug not a line bug.

tsturm
Newcomer
I have found a problem with the polyline tool.

I want to have a round cicle attached at the end of a line for use as a column line. I have drawn many of these with the polyline tool. I notice that once this line is printed from PM that the circle has a line in it which reads as a line continued from the line beyond.

I am attaching a pciture of my problem. The line on the left is the desired effect. The line on the left is the result when the line is a line and not a polyline when printed from PM. The line on the right is the same line as on the left but is a polyline printed from PM. You can see the small extension of the line into the circle.

At first I thought this was a problem with the type or location of the circle at the end of my polyline. Then I found that it is a problem of the polyline tool. I have taken many of the polylines and exploded them into lines. The circle remains attached. The small line extension does not show up when printed from PM though by having my column line as a line tool.

Can others confirm this as a bug for GS to consider a problem for repair?

Thanks

polyline.png

Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
tsturm wrote:
II want to have a round cicle attached at the end of a line for use as a column line.
Off topic:

What is wrong with the Structural Grid tool?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
tsturm
Newcomer
You need a project that has a grid!!!

My current project has no evenly spaced columns. our supports are all over the place.

its the result when you use sky hooks during the inital design process.

Also how would you use the Grid tool in a single drawing like a detail?
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Learn and get certified!