Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

removal of contour lines from walls

Lucas343
Contributor

Hello group. This image is extremely simple, but my question is very technical.
How do I make the wall have only 1 contour projection line? In this picture, I applied the wall view in projection, continuous projection line and no end lines, however I can't find a way to hide both the outer line and the inner line of the wall profile.
I couldn't find anything in the manual that talks about this.

Captura de tela 2021-12-06 142502.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I recommend creating a wall composite with only one core element, then you can control the pens to only show on the outside on none on the sides. This would require creating a lot of variants if you have multiple thickness. Otherwise draw a fat polyline around your external building as a 2D outline. If it doesnt suit, I hope you are able to achieve it another way. Best wishes.

Menu>Options>Element Attributes>Composites

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AC25+earlier - Monterey 12.2.1 - 2021 Macbook Pro16 / M1 Max / 32GB

View solution in original post

Solution

And just to add that if you do have multiple thicknesses, you can use a complex profile wall instead of a composite. You can control the contour visibility for each edge and still be able to.adjust the wall thickness.

Capture d’écran 2021-12-07 à 07.50.25.png

iMac 27" 5K • macOS 10.15.7 Catalina • 40GB RAM | ArchiCAD 24 5004 FRA
Ryzen Threadripper 3970X • Windows 10 • 64GB RAM | ArchiCAD 24 Solo UKI

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Walls have thickness and will always show both lines

isn't there some way to hide the interior line?
In my city, project approval only considers the face of the exterior wall.

every time I have to approve a project I have to redo the perimeter with hachure and hide the walls,

Not that I'm aware of.

Solution

I recommend creating a wall composite with only one core element, then you can control the pens to only show on the outside on none on the sides. This would require creating a lot of variants if you have multiple thickness. Otherwise draw a fat polyline around your external building as a 2D outline. If it doesnt suit, I hope you are able to achieve it another way. Best wishes.

Menu>Options>Element Attributes>Composites

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AC25+earlier - Monterey 12.2.1 - 2021 Macbook Pro16 / M1 Max / 32GB

this was very helpful, thank you very much for the information.
it helped me a lot

Please mark the post that helped as the Solution, not your own reply to it...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

I have sorted that out.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution

And just to add that if you do have multiple thicknesses, you can use a complex profile wall instead of a composite. You can control the contour visibility for each edge and still be able to.adjust the wall thickness.

Capture d’écran 2021-12-07 à 07.50.25.png

iMac 27" 5K • macOS 10.15.7 Catalina • 40GB RAM | ArchiCAD 24 5004 FRA
Ryzen Threadripper 3970X • Windows 10 • 64GB RAM | ArchiCAD 24 Solo UKI