Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

tool buttons

lm803
Participant

What would be the best place to find out what a button does? Example-the plan and pin in the renovation toolbar box.  I've searched everywhere within the program, and within the install package and in the help-forums.  Is there an overall list of all the icons and what they are/or do?  It would function the same way the glossary functions on school-age instruction books. Thank you : ) 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 2.16.06 PM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

lm803:

Under the Help menu, select Show Help Tags, this will show information about those buttons when you hover the cursor over them.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

lm803:

Under the Help menu, select Show Help Tags, this will show information about those buttons when you hover the cursor over them.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
mthd
Mentor

Hi, did you find this in your search ?

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm#t=_AC26_Help%2F050_ViewsVB%2F050_ViewsVB-123.htm%23X...

[link modified by moderator]

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

The link at the end describes the specific button tool in question, but does not add a graphic - so I was not sure it referred to it.  Also, the link posted at the end of the page, seems to be missing. 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Help Center was the earlier place for Archicad Reference Guides. With the introduction of GS Community, its functionality was replaced. You should use the Online Archicad Help:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm

I have modified the above link to point to the correct online Archicad Help page.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27