Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3d document missing lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello:

My archicad keeps not showing the edge lines when elements are together, is there a way i can fix this? (archicad 18 64 bits - gforce 330m)

Regards,

newtech.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad heals objects that have the same material together and won't display those lines so you can create more complex objects from simple ones. An easy way to do this is just duplicate the material you're using and assign objects next to each other alternating between original material and the duplicated one. Then AC won't heal the material and you're lines should show up.

I don't do material counts and that type of analysis so I'm unsure if that will or how it will affect doing that, however.
Anonymous
Not applicable
mbeam wrote:
Archicad heals objects that have the same material together and won't display those lines so you can create more complex objects from simple ones. An easy way to do this is just duplicate the material you're using and assign objects next to each other alternating between original material and the duplicated one. Then AC won't heal the material and you're lines should show up.

I don't do material counts and that type of analysis so I'm unsure if that will or how it will affect doing that, however.
Thanks!, ohh god, there should be a turn off option or a script to disable that feature, well i guess i better start duplicating materials haha:).
Another way to get some of those lines to show up is with the use of Solid Element Operations. If you have things grouped together perhaps that would be too much work. ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25