BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC 22 - Continuous contour in "without finishes" window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I tried to search some topics regarding the title but I failed to find a solution.
Anyway, I got some joints problem that reveal themselves when I use drawing's overrides.

In the Image1 there is the model with all finishes. Everything seems ok.
In the Image2 there is the model without wall finishes. Everything seems ok.
In the Image3 there is the model without wall finishes and with drawing's override. As you can see in the joints the line, which I suppose to be continuous, is interrupted even if the plaster does its turn over the corner.
Images 4 and 5 show the overriding set I use (it's just a fill over the wall).

That's annoying as I tried to use every solutions (priority, other overrides and so on) but the problem still pops up.

Thank you in advance for every suggestion.
7 REPLIES 7
DGSketcher
Legend
Have you looked beyond the wall? It may be the unwanted graphics are related to the square filled area and structure below which is exposed when you remove the finishes. You may be able to rectify this by adjusting your view cutting planes or possibly turning off substructure or other layers.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or maybe its related with composite end lines.
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
Have you looked beyond the wall? It may be the unwanted graphics are related to the square filled area and structure below which is exposed when you remove the finishes. You may be able to rectify this by adjusting your view cutting planes or possibly turning off substructure or other layers.
Yes but there's nothing else which can cause the disturb (that exists in every corner!). And as it is shown in image1 the wall does not contain anything else but itself.
Braza wrote:
Or maybe its related with composite end lines.
Of course I got some composite end lines, which effectively are in grey and not in black. But anyway there will be a fail in the whole contour and not just in the thickness of the plaster
DGSketcher
Legend
Things seem to be as expected until you get to the graphic override application. Here is a couple of options to look at:

1. In the GO turn on and override the line pen to see if that fills the gaps.
2. You clearly don't want this but in the same GO try it with skin lines turned on to see if that fills the gaps.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Like DGSketcher said, the culprit must be the GO.
Carefully check every pen color related filter for white or background color.
Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, to be sure I deleted every rule of graphic overrides except the I need to use (every wall with 45 degrees and black fill). The problem is still there.
I think that there is something wrong with the contour of the plaster, which is hidden in the view without finishes. Anyway as Braza suggested I checked there also, without any results.

edit:
I forgot to say that if I check "show skin separators" the issue is resolved. But I don't want to show that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can see that one of the walls are slightly angled.
Try copying both walls to a clear part of the project and: first see if the problem persist; then try rectifying the angle between walls to 90 degree.
If that doesn't shed some light, as a last resort I'd try to do an "Open and Repair" to the file.
Ah! And may the force be with you.
Learn and get certified!