Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC 26 Cannot store new Dimensions schemes under Project Preferences

rebeccaCAST
Contributor

When I change the options of a Dimensions scheme, the "Store as" option remains greyed out. This is a new bug with AC 26 for us, though I see older posts from others having this same problem in earlier versions.

Such as this:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Archicad-25-Project-Preferences-Dimensi...

Windows. Not on teamwork.

2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

So, you're saying that you select an existing Dimension formatting name, change something, and then "Custom" is highlighted as in this screenshot yet the "Store as" button is unavailable?

The highlighted name switching to Custom is the key part... where you then have to, annoyingly since the beginning of time, "Store as" and re-type the name you want to be redefined...

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 2.39.09 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rebeccaCAST
Contributor

No, Custom does not appear at all. I just had an email exchange with Graphisoft support where they confirmed the bug and are passing it up the chain. Here's the response I got: 

Hi Rebecca,

I was able to download and dig in to your file. I'm definitely going to need to pass this up to HQ as I was unable to restore the typical functionality with various tests (share to BIMcloud and save back out, open with repair). It appears that there's something tied to 'Building Scale B' that keeps leading back to it after changes else where are made. The one helpful thing that I found is that if you go to Rename any of the other options, and complete the rename, then aside from the rename also happening you'll see a 'Custom' item does appear at the top. You can then modify all the 8 dim items to what you want and 'Save as' properly. This should represent a work around for your problem and allow you to continue using one of those newly created dim styles.

Once HQ gets back to me with more information, then I'll pass it on to you. But this will likely take them some time, and if it is a bug, then it won't get picked up until a future release. Currently, my belief is that it is file specific, so I wouldn't use this file as the source for creating others in the future.