Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC19 Renovation

KeesW
Advocate
What have they done to the renovation tool? I have created a personalized AC19 template. Based on my AC18 template, it uses a completely different layering system, pens, Quick options and other changes. Fine, I thought, and began to draw an existing floor plan, setting my renovation default to 'EXISTING". I could have done this in AC18 but since I've paid for the upgrade, I might as well use it. That was my first mistake - so far. Having finished the plan, added the existing roof, bath, WC and vanity basin, plus an existing site mesh, I started the demolition part. Turning off the "EXISTING PLAN' default, and clicking the DEMOLITION PLAN' I selected the toilet and bathroom fixtures to be demolished.

My whole existing drawing disappeared.

I returned to the 'EXISTING PLAN' setting but nothing re-emerged. I scrolled trough all of the demolition options and finally got my drawing back. In the 'SHOW ALL ELEMENTS' section. I checked the Renovation Filter options and could see no reason why my selection would have disappeared. Checked my layers and they seemed alright. I followed the same procedure as I'd done lots of times in AC18 but something is different. Remember that I also changed my layers in AC18. There must now be a link - somewhere - between layers, Quick Options and perhaps other things, that affects RENOVATIONS. Please advise.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
Have you checked the filter setting have existing set to "Show"?
capture.jpg
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
KeesW
Advocate
Yes, it is set to show.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
"...setting my renovation default to 'EXISTING".

You'd didn't perhaps pin the elements to "Show on current renovation filter only" by clicking on the icon directly to the right of the default renovation filter options in the palette?