BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

AC22 PDF graphics

DGSketcher
Legend
I have noticed my PDF's produced with the print option or Publisher are creating a broken line for curved edges. Anyone else seeing this in AC22 on Mojave?

The image on the left is taken from the layout view and the one on the right is the PDF output.

This isn't limited to one object, it seems to be anything with curves.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a similar issue after migrating to macOS Mojave and I found if I opened the .PDF in Preview then the lines would be broken on walls which were connected at a corner.

However if I opened the same PDF within Adobe Reader the lines were displayed correctly.

Therefore can you confirm how you view the .PDF at your end?

Just to clarify I tried both File>Save to PDF and publish to PDF and I got the same broken lines in Preview but not in Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader.

Cheers,

Marcus

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We don't have Mojave installed, but for what it's worth: no issues with Windows 10 PDF published, so sounds like a MAC problem (possibly only with Mojave).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
Erwin - Thanks for the feedback.

Over two months since Mojave arrived with Apple & GS still getting their act together. There was a time when Beta testing provided a solid solution on public release...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
DGSketcher wrote:
Over two months since Mojave arrived with Apple & GS still getting their act together. There was a time when Beta testing provided a solid solution on public release...
If Mojave was only released 2 months ago, that was well after the Beta testing for Archicad 22 concluded.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
Barry, I accept AC22 was developed & released under the previous OS High Sierra, BUT it's not like GS didn't know Mojave was coming with a September release. I think most other major software companies are usually on board with a compatible release when the OS appears. It just feels like GS are off the pace, and we are getting to the stage where I will have to use an outdated Mac OS with vulnerabilities and potential conflicts with Apple's mobile iOS because the developers aren't keeping up. We are probably going to have to wait until January before AC22 is Mojave "compatible", by which time Apple will be a quarter of the way to preparing for their next update...

Sorry for the grumpy rant, there are bigger issues in the world, but this needs addressed if GS are to remain a leading light in architectural software!
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a similar issue after migrating to macOS Mojave and I found if I opened the .PDF in Preview then the lines would be broken on walls which were connected at a corner.

However if I opened the same PDF within Adobe Reader the lines were displayed correctly.

Therefore can you confirm how you view the .PDF at your end?

Just to clarify I tried both File>Save to PDF and publish to PDF and I got the same broken lines in Preview but not in Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader.

Cheers,

Marcus
DGSketcher
Legend
Marcus - I always use Preview, it usually does a good job of opening a lot of different files and saves installing Acrobat. I opened the file with Pixelmator and it displayed no breaks. I guess this is a Mojave Preview problem then.

Thank you for your feedback.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Just in case someone runs into this in the future, here's an Article explaining the issue:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/86459

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!