BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ARCHICAD 11 PLOT SETUP FOR HP DESIGNJET 600

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've followed all the instructions in this link:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Plotting_in_ArchiCAD11_on_Macintosh?highlight=%28plot%29

Our plotter works fine with Archicad 10, but will just not work with 11. Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone have suggestions on how to make it work? I was able to plot only once after I initially set it up. Nothing has changed in terms of my setup. I have since tried to start over from the beginning and I am still having no luck. I am also not having any luck with plotflow.

The plotter is setup to be an IP printer. It is an HP designjet 600. I've also tried selecting other drivers to see if that will work, and it won't.

I am using MAC OS 10.4.11

Thank you
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Man, I don't know. I have a DesignJet 600, known as the LooserJet since it is so wickedly slow! I don't use it much anymore, I now use a DesignJet 1055CM, plots about 4 times as fast, but the papertray SUCKS! The LooserJet really lays the pages out nicely everytime, I wish HP would have put more thought into their newer plotters.

Ok, so back to your issue. The only thing I can think of that is wrong when this happens to me, is in my plot setup window, I have to be sure to set the IP address correctly. When I upgraded to AC10, this setting didn't carry over and it took a few days to figure it out. Unfortunately, I had lost my IP address since it had been a couple of years and a hardrive ago since I did the setup, but luckily the 1055CM stores the IP address and I could look it up on the LCD. The 600 should also, make sure that is correct. I also had to reset the port # to 9100, it got lost too for some reason.

You never know, sometimes this stuff gets lost for some reason or another.

Wish I could help you further, us Mac users need to stick together! Hope you get it figured out!
Mark Wallace
Enthusiast
Since you are plotting, make sure you've set the location in the Finder (under the apple) to the location for your printer.

This step is missing the article mentioned in a previous post.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark R. Wallace AIA
Collegeville, PA

Mac Power PC G5, Dual 2.3 Ghz
2 Gb SDRAM
ArchiCAD 11 1210 USA Full (& still tryin' to get to 12!)
Mark R. Wallace AIA
---------------------------------------

MacBook 2.53 Ghz, Intel Core i5, 8 Gb,
Mac OSX (Sierra 10.12.6,
ArchiCAD 22 USA Full, +21, & 20.
Rick Thompson
Expert
You might try bypassing all that and "plot to file" directed to a spool folded. You then have Plotflow automatically pick it up and handle the plotting. I think Plotflow is a great little utility.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your help and comments.

It turns out that I had originally set up the plotter correctly, since it had plotted once successfully.

The problem turned out to be that the file had somehow become corrupted, I figured this out only after I started working on a seperate project and was able to plot that one successfully.

I had updated archicad 11 shortly before I had the plotter issue, and I wonder if that had something to do with it. Ive since reupdated and had no other problems

So if anyone else out there has a plotter issue, try and figure out if your file is corrupted before you go nuts reconfiguring everything.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you found the issue, sometimes it is just something too simple!
Rick Thompson
Expert
bellabree wrote:
So if anyone else out there has a plotter issue, try and figure out if your file is corrupted before you go nuts reconfiguring everything.
I once installed a radio antenna in my attic (obviously to get better reception for a particular station.. about the only station within range). While I was doing that, the stations transmitter went out. I know the feeling.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Learn and get certified!