BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

All raster images have disappeared from worksheets

cmb
Contributor

I had many, many external raster images placed into worksheets, both placed by figure and drawing tools and now they do not appear. The files are all local and none moved.

When I open previous versions of the file, the worksheets show the externally referenced files.

Is there a reason, or a fix?

If there is neither, what is the fastest way to copy just the worksheets from the previous version file to the new?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cmb
Contributor

I was foiled by layer setting being on Rendering.

I could have sworn I cycled through all the settings before crying wolf!!!

I really need to better integrate layer settings into my workflow. It seems I'm always chasing my tail around layers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Have you checked that the correct layer is turned on in your newer file and that they were not moved to a different renovation filter by mistake or that trace and reference is turned on? Do the images appear if you print the worksheet?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
DGSketcher
Legend

Open Drawing Manager, it may give you some pointers to what is happening. Check the file paths and also Update status, if "Manual" they may need a refresh.

There are several warnings about external references & Teamwork in the online help, are you using Teamwork?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution
cmb
Contributor

I was foiled by layer setting being on Rendering.

I could have sworn I cycled through all the settings before crying wolf!!!

I really need to better integrate layer settings into my workflow. It seems I'm always chasing my tail around layers.

cmb
Contributor

So, on a related note, how would one copy worksheets between files?

You don't.

Worksheets (and details) are specific views of a specific model.

You can copy the markers from one file to another, but it will not copy the content.

You can copy the content from one worksheet to another (even into another file), but be careful as you really only want the annotation you add to the worksheet and not the non-live model contents.

The same goes for sections and elevation.

You don't copy them between models - just set up new ones.

If you need to copy some of the annotation between files, you can do that once you have the section, elevations, worksheets, detail, set up.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!