BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

An inch at 100% zoom is less than an inch long on my monitor

Gus
Newcomer
I set my zoom to 100% to see how big a drawing will look when printed out. However, it shows the drawing too small on my monitor. Is there a way to adjust ArchiCAD so that 100% zoom is actually "print-size" and 50% is 1/2 scale print size etc.?
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
2 REPLIES 2
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Gus,

If I understand correctly considering your other question on font sizes I think you want to see the look at printing scale. I do this in the actual view of the plan or elevation etc.

In the drawing if for example you are using 1/4" scale zoom to 100% and you will see the size of things printed at that scale. If you are using 1/8" for printing make you view of that drawing ( site plan ) 1/8". Zoom at 100% to see what that will look like.

Where it gets more problematic is if your view is done at 1/4" and you decide to print it out at 1/8". Fonts etc normally would get reduced by 50% unless you specify to leave them at their original scale. If you do this though you can get results you might not really like as the rest of the drawing gets reduced but the fonts don't.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
vistasp
Advisor
Gus wrote:
I set my zoom to 100% to see how big a drawing will look when printed out. However, it shows the drawing too small on my monitor. Is there a way to adjust ArchiCAD so that 100% zoom is actually "print-size" and 50% is 1/2 scale print size etc.?
There is a way, Gus, but you'll have to dive into the registry for it.

Close ARCHICAD, open the registry (regedit.exe) and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD-64\ArchiCAD-64 19.0.0 INT R1\DevSupport
(in your version, INT will probably be replaced by US)

Double click Main Screen DPI on the right side and change the value to the correct DPI of your screen. If you don't know what it is, just divide the horizontal resolution by the width of your screen in inches.

Close the registry and restart ARCHICAD.

Note: Doing something wrong in the registry could potentially make your computer unusable so be careful and do it at your own risk.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Learn and get certified!