2015-10-2105:03 PM - last edited on 2023-05-2612:13 AM by Gordana Radonic
Does anyone know a way that the date can be appended to file names created when publishing sheets as PDF's? Typically the publisher uses the names assigned to sheets and I don't want to change those names, just the name of the published file.
AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
A good method is to 'hard code' your own DATE Setting. This way you can control the date to the future (or past?!) date of your choosing.
1. Go to Book Settings
2. Click the drop-down by the New Issue button
3. Edit the Scheme
4. Create a new Scheme field called DATE
5. Create a New Issue (when it's time to)
6. Enter the date you want in the DATE field
7. In the Publisher Set, select the folder which contains the items you want renamed, and hit Rename Items...
8. Select Custom Name and add the DATE field
9. Make sure you still have the other fields you need like ID and Name
10. These will be appended to the file name.
Of course you can add it to the front or in amongst any of the other fields you select.