BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 22 PDF Issue - Adobe Snapshot Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're currently experiencing an issue when exporting our PDF Publisher Sets from ArchiCAD22 into Adobe Acrobat/Reader.

Once the PDF Plan Set has been published, and opened up in Adobe Acrobat/Reader - The sheets containing the Floor Plans & Elevations create a hyperlink when using the Snapshot Tool. The Snapshot Tool works on all other sheets, but when on Floor Plans & Elevations the box icon is replaced with a hand, then when you click on any part of that sheet it hyperlinks it to another sheet.

Our Designer in our office often uses this tool to zoom in, while maintaining the scale of the plan, but ever since we've upgraded to ArchiCAD 22 we've been experiencing this issue. I have read the following below post and seems to be similar issue in regards to the hyperlink.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62797&p=289349&hilit=pdf#p289349

I followed the troubleshooting by exporting each sheet individually from ArchiCAD 22 and then combining, which works. However this is extremely tedious and often frustrating as we use this to send Builders & Contractors - call-outs and red-lines that are blown up to scale.

Is there a fix to this issue? What is creating the hyperlink, causing the tool not to work? Is there a better work around than exporting PDF sheets individually?

Thanks for your attention to this matter.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having this same issue with Acrobat and Bluebeam. Our consultants have been seeing a huge 'link' that spans right across the drawing when they try navigating or hover over a pdf - Making it unworkable.

They have also tried flattening the PDF but this doesnt fix anything.

I have tried exporting single PDF's and compiling them into a single PDF but this has made working in Bluebeam impossible because of the crashing and not being able to print a PDF.

Graphisoft please work on this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a workaround for this issue with BB, publish the project to one combined pdf then use BB to delete the hyperlinks by shift selecting them, right click & delete.
Sorry I dont know if this can be done with Adobe.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

As mentioned in the other topic about the Bluebeam PDF issue, we were working on this so that it would be fixed in update build 50xx. We have recently released a Preview version of that update for the english speaking language versions. You can give it a try and see if it helped.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!