BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD: Make a clipping mask in pages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I would like to add images to my layouts, but only a certain part. I don't want to cut them before in PhotoShop, because I'm not shure about the part of image I want to see.

I Adobe programs like Illustrator, FreeHand, InDesign is possible to make a clipping mask. Is possible to do the same in ArchiCAD with an image?

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I understand what you want correctly, use the Drawing tool to place the image (with Drawing tool active click in your layout and use "an External Source" to browse for your image). Once placed you can then modify the images' border in the same way as any other drawing on a layout.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I understand what you want correctly, use the Drawing tool to place the image (with Drawing tool active click in your layout and use "an External Source" to browse for your image). Once placed you can then modify the images' border in the same way as any other drawing on a layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice!! Thank you!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:

It seems that many functions of the drawing tool have been removed.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Antonia, what do you mean exactly? Can you show a screenshot of what you think is missing?
All those Pet Palette commands are still available in ARCHICAD 23 when you select a Drawing and click a Node or Edge of its boundary polygon.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!