Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD statusbar top right is hidden when the window is maximized.

Gisele
Advocate

I have two monitors. When I maximize ArchiCAD's window, I cannot see the top right corner of the statusbar.

Attached are two screenshots showing a maximized and a minimizes ArchiCAD's window. It could be a resolution issue, but I don't know how to address it. 

status bat minimized wndw.jpgstatusbar.jpg
AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Miha_M
Advisor

Well, it's not the statusbar, which is at the bottom of your screen (if activated), but the Info Box, which contents change depending on the selected tool.

The Info Box contains different settings, which take up some screen space. If this space gets smaller, they don't fit into any more, but extend beyond the border - the Info Box does not resize with the window width.

You can optimize your workspace in many different ways in Archicad. Maybe going through the help pages can help you with that - here is the section about the work environment settings:

Archicad 26 Help (graphisoft.com)

I have my InfoBox in a vertical arrangement:

Miha_M_0-1683130610991.png

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Also, the Info Box is scrollable, but many mice do not have an easy horizontal scroll function.  It's just one more reason not to use a horizontal Info Box.  Instead, drag the Info Box to the side of the screen (left is a common location) where it is both more visible/useful... and can be scrolled with the vertical mouse wheel or touch function.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Miha_M
Advisor

Well, it's not the statusbar, which is at the bottom of your screen (if activated), but the Info Box, which contents change depending on the selected tool.

The Info Box contains different settings, which take up some screen space. If this space gets smaller, they don't fit into any more, but extend beyond the border - the Info Box does not resize with the window width.

You can optimize your workspace in many different ways in Archicad. Maybe going through the help pages can help you with that - here is the section about the work environment settings:

Archicad 26 Help (graphisoft.com)

I have my InfoBox in a vertical arrangement:

Miha_M_0-1683130610991.png

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Also, the Info Box is scrollable, but many mice do not have an easy horizontal scroll function.  It's just one more reason not to use a horizontal Info Box.  Instead, drag the Info Box to the side of the screen (left is a common location) where it is both more visible/useful... and can be scrolled with the vertical mouse wheel or touch function.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thank you, Karl!

I did not know that I could scroll the info bar. 

AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor