Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad 25 Door/Window Markers displaying "Custom ___ by ___"

ClaytonHakes
Contributor
Hi all,

Recently downloaded Archicad 25 and I'm having this issue with the Door and Window Markers. All I want is for the doors and windows to only display either (E) or (N) as I will set in the marker settings. However, no matter what parameter I change "Custom __ by __" shows up and I cannot get rid of it. It only goes away when I turn off Markers in Model View Options. To be clear, I don't want to turn the markers off, I only want them to display just the marker itself and not additional text.
5 REPLIES 5
RandyC
Advocate
I put a "." in place of custom
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
runxel
Legend
Markers are legacy tech.
Just use labels instead.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I disagree that markers are legacy. Model View Options offer easy hiding of markers, without having to mess with layer combinations.

Then again the Dutch subscription library offers robust custom markers developed by Kubus. I wouldn't want to use the standard archicad library ones either.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anarchiteckt
Contributor

Hello Erwin,

I'am agree with your point even if the labels technologie for other tool really powerful is.

Anyway I need the possibility to display a custom Property like a generated ID (See below)

Windows_Properties.png

If I understand correctly I need to create a custom markers with GDL.script for Door and Windows. 
Do you know how we could create or change the GDL script  to have the possibility to select a custom property int his User Interface ?UI_Fmarker.png

Gwenael Tripodi, Architect | BIM Manager
AC 8.1-26
MacOS Big Sur | 3,8 GHz i7 8Core | 24GB | AMD 5500 XT
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Can't help you there. As said we have markers developed by the Dutch reseller that suit our needs.

Based on the (also Dutch subscription library part) zone stamps we have, you can grab custom properties and display them as text with GDL script.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5