Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 26 APPLE SILICON VERSION BUGS?

rikhav
Booster

I have experienced following behaviour with Archicad 26 Apple Silicon Version

1. Erratic Zooming behaviour found as it was with Archicad 26 Intel Version, initially.
  2. Sometimes the cursor converts into pen, while drawing walls or other elements, as it was with Archicad 26  Intel Version.
  3. Sometimes Trace Reference does not activate, by right licking on view and selecting it to 'show as trace reference'
  4. Similarly View Settings also does not activate by right clicking on the view and selecting the 'View Settings' from the Menu.
  5. In the Layout, Layout Settings also similarly does not activate instantly by right clicking on the layout and selecting 'Layout Settings' from the Menu.
  6. Selecting the Archicad Window, while using Mission Control, does not activate the Archicad window, for the first time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi rikhav,

Based on information I received from GS HQ, they are handling Apple silicon-related bugs with high priority. To expedite the process, please contact your local reseller with this issue with all needed info (and files, if relevant) so they can evaluate it and process it and then forward it to GS HQ if needed.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi rikhav,

Based on information I received from GS HQ, they are handling Apple silicon-related bugs with high priority. To expedite the process, please contact your local reseller with this issue with all needed info (and files, if relevant) so they can evaluate it and process it and then forward it to GS HQ if needed.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
jkershaw
Enthusiast

There seems to be multiple threads on AC26 ARM bugs. Could we get those combined into one?

I'll add one:

When trying to open another AC file using either "Edit Module in Separate ArchiCAD" or "Open External Source View", there is a good chance (more than 75% of the time) that the new instance of AC will not find the license. It will return the "ArchiCAD License no found" dialog box.

If one returns to the original instance and tries again, AC fails to launch a new instance. One has to quit AC in order to restore the functionality of those commands.

One a project with multiple modules or multiple files linked together, this is a significant interruption to the workflow.

AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5

Adding to this - similar issue

When launching a new instance of AC from an already open instance, we receive the "ArchiCAD license not found" error. 

Then, when we try again, AC fails to open/launch a new instance. We have to close the active project and then open the file within the same instance. This is very frustrating.

AC26 ARM is not functioning as designed when it comes to opening new instances of ArchiCAD.

AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5

and more bugs,

1. renovation pallet is not visible when the app is first opened. the reno pallet is checked, but requires unchecking then rechecking to show pallet.

2. when using dual monitors, and working on the second monitor window, selecting tools in the first widow will deselect when returning to the second window to use the tool. 

3. text tool and label tools will at random time deselect after one use

4. changing views by clicking the view in the view map requires multiple clicks

5. zoom stops working randomly with magic trackpad and requires cycling the track pad power.

MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA

and a few more

6. when grid snap is turned on, you can't grab the guide lines to move them

7. i know trace reference slows things down but i have a brand new file with three surface morphs and with a PDF trace ref i see a delay when selecting a morph from click to highlighting of up to 2 sec. on that note, this is a brand new Apple silicon studio, surely the trace ref should't affect the speed, with only a few polygons. i can't even imagine what it must be like with a large project.

8. there is a pause when panning with inertia on a mac turned on. swiping with the magic track pad the view moves, pauses, then continues the pan with inertia. very often though, the inertia doesn't work. swipe and it only moves as far as your fingers are on the TP. see movie

i think i have just decided to keep my SSA for one more year in the perhaps naive hope that the bugs will get worked out and AC27 will be optimized better for apple silicon to take advantage of the potential of these chips. i doubt it. i just can't justify paying to be frustrated all the time.

runxel
Legend

Especially no. 6 is so infuriating!

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
alessio
Participant

this one is annoying.

when opening AC26 apple silicon there are no palettes at all.

but, if a select one object and tenderize it, then ,after closing the window, the palettes are there!

guess you can't have aprons on corner windows. heck, why would we want them to match the other windows anyway? unless of course, there's some setting i should adjust that only applies to corner windows, that isn't in the corner window settings.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 16.00.13.png