BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad 27 Crashing - AC reliability with new features

stanrostas
Advocate

We understand this may not be the location for a poll, but our office and users are finding that the latest release of AC 27 Arm crashes at least once a day when affecting Labels and Zones along with their labels. Just this morning, a crash occurred with one user, and now, none of the Teamwork members can open the file on the BIMserver. How are others on this list finding the latest AC27? Previous to AC 26, which also crashed more often than AC25 and before, this version seems to be the most crash-prone. This is one area where AC shined compared to Revit or Vectorworks. I am not sure what is affecting this latest set of crashes. It could be just how our office is creating content.

Mac Studio 2022 - Apple M1 Ultra
128 GB RAM Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Dell U3818DW Display (3840x1600)
Where is my digital twin?
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Stan,

Yes it really isn't the right place to be posting this. If you want to raise these thoughts can I suggest the general community as it isn't a point of discussion on future features.

I will archive this post off in a few days.

Thanks 

Nathan

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX
KellyNielson
Participant

My 27 is crashing almost everytime I edit text. Reading on another post regarding 26 and Sonoma, they found a work around by deleting the Add Ons folder? This worked for a few minutes for me. Frustrated, lost time = lost $$$ for a one man shop.

Kelly

@KellyNielson wrote:

My 27 is crashing almost everytime I edit text. Reading on another post regarding 26 and Sonoma, they found a work around by deleting the Add Ons folder? This worked for a few minutes for me. Frustrated, lost time = lost $$$ for a one man shop.

Another tip I believe is to turn off the CAPS lock button.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Agreed.  The known issue with CAPS Lock On when editing labels seems to persist (though I have not attempted it after the last hot fix).

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

Yes. Every time I edit text it crashes.

AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB

Here is what we were told, and it helps greatly.

Regarding the "DEF-15169 - Editing Autotext Label while Caps Lock is active crashes Archicad" issue described in the "macOS 14 Sonoma" Graphisoft Community article here, that may be avoided, as a workaround, by only using the shift key and not the caps lock key, it may help prevent crashing if that Sonoma Caps-Lock indicator feature is disabled. Below are instructions on how you may disable/re-enable the Sonoma Caps-Lock indicator feature, that you may use at your own risk.

Disable the Sonoma Caps-Lock indicator feature:
1. Launch the macOS Terminal application
2. Enter the following command in the macOS Terminal application window:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/FeatureFlags/Domain/UIKit.plist redesigned_text_cursor -dict-add Enabled -bool NO
3. Type in your computer user account password in the macOS Terminal application window (Note: As you type in your password, it will not show as the characters are typed)
4. Restart the computer

Re-enable the Sonoma Caps-Lock indicator feature:
Disable the Sonoma Caps-Lock indicator feature:
1. Launch the macOS Terminal application
2. Enter the following command in the macOS Terminal application window:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/FeatureFlags/Domain/UIKit.plist redesigned_text_cursor -dict-add Enabled -bool YES
3. Type in your computer user account password in the macOS Terminal application window (Note: As you type in your password, it will not show as the characters are typed)
4. Restart the computer

Below are links to two articles that describe how Sonoma Caps-Lock indicator feature may be disabled:

That issue is estimated to be fixed in the Archicad 27 Update 27.2.0 that is estimated to be released in March or April 2024. If resources allow, hopefully it will be fixed in the next regular Archicad 26 Update 5 (700x build), which is anticipated to be released by March 2024.

Mac Studio 2022 - Apple M1 Ultra
128 GB RAM Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Dell U3818DW Display (3840x1600)
Where is my digital twin?
Learn and get certified!