Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad & the Metaverse

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

I wonder how Archicad will compete in the metaverse?

I think it's going to be increasingly easy to build beautiful structures without real-world limitations or clients to worry about. There will be as much, if not much more, money to be made in virtual worlds than in the real world. The first virtual building has also sold for approximately $512,000 and it will never be built. Or perhaps we sell our models as NFTs along with our real-world deliverables. 

I have personally already bought 4 lots in SuperWorld and am eyeing up Victoria VR (the first hyper-realistic virtual, unreal engine powered, blockchain world which is about to drop early next year) next. It's early days, but the digital land rush has begun. Buildings can be sold or rented, or advertising  / augmented reality rights can be leased, in multiple worlds.

Web 3.0 is just around the corner. Is anyone else planning to stake a claim? Do you think Archicad will play a big part in it?

Would love to hear more opinions!

Cheers,

Link.

69 REPLIES 69
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

Feels like this is being boomered to death. Hopefully some fresh minds will shed a new light. 🤞

pablopaci
Contributor

Hello. I think Aarchicad has many possibilities of being an asset creation tool in metaverses. In fact, we already have a company contracting to design and model a building in Decentraland. It is the virtual headquarters and offices with space for meetings and sale of services. This project was designed in Archicad and Grasshopper. That is, Archicad is already working in Metaverses !!!. in case anyone is interested in knowing more, we are DigitalandArchitects. Imagen5_000.pngImagen9_000.pngImagen16.png

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

Yes finally someone who really gets it! Thank you. That project looks great and I’d love to hear more about it. I know a lot of worlds only accept FBX format but Graphisoft unbelievably took that option away.

Nevertheless being able to export Archicad models is one thing, but it’s a perfect opportunity for Graphisoft to create their own world and have Archicad users the world over populate it. Kind of like their own Decentraland or Sandbox. As an offshoot of their core focus obviously, but they could create their own market, to many extents. 

I’ll try DM’ing you for further discussion as I’d love to learn more about how you got into the space. 

Thanks for your positive reply. 

Cheers,

Link. 

DGSketcher
Legend

If those blocky images are representative of the level of detail in the digital world you could save a bundle and just get a copy Sketchup for less than your AC SSA with more 3D flexibility. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Maybe ... but the volumes based on Voronoi diagrams, obtained from the locations of the center of gravity of the functional spaces that the client required, can hardly be done with Skecthup. Metaverses allow a certain amount of polygons as a limit and if they are not respected it cannot be published, so the degree of detail is much less, but in addition, functions such as movement of objects, a poster with the information of the value of cryptocurrencies updated instantly, an elevator that allows you to move through the different floors, teleportation, etc. Also ... all the sketchup, Archicad has it in a single button ... Morph.

DGSketcher
Legend

Awesome, a virtual world where the laws of physics don't exist, yet the first thing I read is a need to worry about centres of gravity, moving between floors and the value of cryptocurrencies. Meta have no interest in evolution, they are simply greedy capitalists looking for a new way to suck their victims dry.  

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

@Link wrote:

Yes finally someone who really gets it! Thank you. That project looks great and I’d love to hear more about it. I know a lot of worlds only accept FBX format but Graphisoft unbelievably took that option away. 

Just one remark: The Twinmotion Connection is being developed by Epic Games, they have decided to discontinue the FBX export option and use the *.udatasmith export option instead.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Exactly. Digital realms trying to mimic real world concepts and static architectural volumes is completely off the mark i think. We can fly in there, why use elevators, or chairs?  I think the architectural language we have grown so fond of in the real world will be completely rewriten here.

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

Thanks László. Of course you are technically correct, as always. However typical users don’t pin the loss of this feature on Epic. They just see it as a loss to Archicad.

We had FBX as an option, it was doable, so why didn’t GS pick it up? Love it or hate it, it’s a very popular format that Archicad users need. 

Cheers mate. 

Link. 

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

As with all technology we need to start off small. Many worlds are blocky (and they don’t want to change),  but other worlds offer more complex structures. And this will of course improve with time. I suspect (and hope) that Victoria VR (based on Unreal Engine) will be a virtual world that will push the boundaries as far as geometry complexity goes. Anyone with foresight will know that it will improve quickly for those worlds looking to mimic real world architecture. 

My dream is digital twins in SuperWorld!🤞😍

But for now there’s a huge market in worlds like Decentraland and those with the confidence and vision will, like you, will prevail. Who needs or wants real-world limitations when you can build whatever you want? A wall made of water? Sure. A portal instead of a door? Absolutely! Fantastic architecture with no limitations? What’s the question again?

I look forward to more constructive and positive posts. Let’s focus on pushing forward rather than heading back to sketching. 🤣

Cheers,

Link.