BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Associative dimensioning is buggy in AC14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just upgraded from AC13 to AC14 and took a very simple plan diagram that had a series of dimensions set; after saving the plan up to v14 and moving some of the objects around I noticed that my dimensions were not updating. When trying to select all dimensions and setting them not to static, the static check box is greyed out, but checked. The problem is intermittent with various dimensions. Some work, some don't. Sounds like a bug.
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
When you say some work and some don't, is it by view or within the same view?

You might look at model view options (mvo) and also the partial structure display. These are saved with the each view and there are some changes from 13 to 14.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The static checkbox of a Dimension Chain is a tricky thing because it may not show the whole picture.
If there is at least one Dimension point in the Dimension Chain that is not static then the Static checkbox will not be set to ON.
Try this: create a static Dimension Chain. Then select it and add one Dimension point to the Dimension Chain by CTRL-clicking a node of an element.
Now that Dimension Point of the Dimension chain is dynamic, but all other Dimension Points are still static so they won't update when you move the Dimension Chain.

Also, once a Dimension Point is set to Static, you cannot turn it back to Dynamic again. You have to delete that Dimension Point and recreate the dimension. After all, how it is supposed to know what point of which element it was associated with after it was set to Static?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!