BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Auto-rebuild elevation turns into independent with rename

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every now and then, my elevation paths seem to get corrupt. It is usually when I have started out with the elevations named incorrectly (ie North should be East), then change them somewhere, then the elevations become transposed, or converted to 2D. This has just happened when I renamed only the referenced drawing on a layout, then tried to key the elevation marker to the referenced drawing. Now 2 of the elevations are lines and fills, and one has transposed to a different view. Any way to fix this without recreating the views?
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
svenl wrote:
Now 2 of the elevations are lines and fills, ... Any way to fix this without recreating the views?
Select the Elevation Marker, open the Elevation Selection Settings > General > Status and change Drawing to Auto-Rebuild Model.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Edi
Participant
We have just had a similar issue with a Section converting to Independent for an unknown reason. Also, I am very confused because in the Section settings from the Section marker, it says 'Auto-Rebuild Model' but in the project map, the same Section BB is 'Independent' and doesn't have any section setting associated with it.. so it does not appear possible to change it back. Does anyone know what the procedure for fixing this is?
Core i5-8400 2.80Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, GeForce GTX1060, AC20-23
Edi
Participant
David wrote:
svenl wrote:
Now 2 of the elevations are lines and fills, ... Any way to fix this without recreating the views?
Select the Elevation Marker, open the Elevation Selection Settings > General > Status and change Drawing to Auto-Rebuild Model.

David
Ok, so I had a similar issue to svenl where a section had become Independent, but from the section marker it was still showing as 'Auto-rebuild Model', so how I fixed was to go to Section Settings > General > Status and change the drawing first to Drawing, then change back to Auto-Rebuild Model and the Section was alive again
Core i5-8400 2.80Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, GeForce GTX1060, AC20-23
Just had this issue. This is a bimserver file that recently went through save-as to PLN, Open & Repair, to fix a rotated-elevation issue (https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69736).

The above solution didn't do the job —and after a couple of attempts I noticed that settings changes made to one elevations were modifying other unselected ones. So in my attempt to just regenerate those elevations I deleted one of the problem elevation markers, and with it two other elevation markers disappeared. So it must be some indexing corruption thing.
Learn and get certified!