Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Auto-text in labels?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
I'm working in construction documentation of a project. To be precise, I'm taking care of the construction details. We customized all fills to match the products used (rock wool insulation, waterproof bitumen membrane and so on).

Now, it would be veeeery cool if there was a way AC labels could automatically use the descriptions we entered. Is there an auto-text function in the labels tool to do that?

Thanks!

Enrico
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
check out the free Label Everything.

First double click on the Label Tool and set the default label of walls to Label Everything. In your Wall settings, choose Listing and Labeling and check Label Wall.
Then select the label on the floorplan/section. At Symbol Label, set the method to 'Select element', set CHOOSE ELEMENT TYPE to 'Wall' and set Line 1 to 'All skins' (line 2 and 3 are only in the pro version).

Also check out the Label Everything on my website. Under the section Download you will find a public pdf with more information on how to use the label.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad Wall labels will list every skin of your composite wall.

You can leave the label on the wall or you can move it off to the side as in the attached image.
Of course, since you created your own fills, etc, it will list all your custom work.

Snap
Wall Label.jpg