BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Avoiding interior shadows in elevations /sections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there!

I have a problem that is driving me crazy! I want to do an elevation of my building - that is, I want to show the interior of my building (section) while showing the elevations of the adjacent buildings (elevation).
The problem resides in the interior shadows; I want the exterior shadows to project onto my exterior walls, slabs and ceilings. However, at the same time, I don't want shadows inside my building, and that's what's happening now. The way I see it, I can only have shadows or no shadows at all.

I know I can copy an elevation /section and paste it above and therefore delete the unwanted shadows. I'd rather not use this method, because my project stops to be dynamic (if I make an alteration, it will not synchronize with my sections /elevations).

Is there a solution for my conundrum?
P.S.: I'm attaching a screenshot of the view in question
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
João:

One option is to create two elevations: one with shadows on and the other with shadows off. Place these two elevations on a Layout sheet, then adjust the borders of the two placed Views so they align, but the non-shadowed View shows for the interior and the shadowed View shows for the exterior.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I will try that method!
Learn and get certified!