BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Breaking up a Large Project

ares997
Contributor
So I'm trying to figure out the best way to break apart a large team work file and here are some of the issues that I dealing with.

This is all based on the fact that this project is approaching 900mb as a teamwork file (this worries me).

1st Method: Extract the layout book into a separate team work file.

issues:
a) The detail markers can't be set to the outside layout book file automatically. If you could open a detail marker or any marker inside the model file and link it to a location on a sheet within Layout Book file.

2nd Method: Create PMK's

issues:
a) Can not do this quickly, or in a batch method through the drawing manager. You must go through each drawing one by one and link it to the PMK that you want. The only options are to link to a solo project or teamwork project. We could probably create a file with PMK's that are connected to that some how? Though that sounds a little complicated to manage.
b) Does produce a noticeable smaller PDF file and the files are so much more light weight, and agile.

What am I missing?
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you having problems on the project that you feel are due to its size?

Breaking it up does have its problems as you have noted and it will be a considerable amount of work to change over. There is nothing inherently bad about large file sizes. They can cause problems but the proper fix depends on their nature and severity.
Learn and get certified!