Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Building Material Line wieght

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having what i feel to be a minor problem, but i cant figure out where to go to correct this. Please see the image attached. The insulation fill associated with the building material is set to my finest pen number , but keeps printing very heavy visually. The infill type associated with the material is archicad out of the box insulation 01. Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
If that image was taken from a layout page (or PDF) then could it be the pen set that you are using for the drawings placed on the layouts is different from the pen set used in your model views?

Or it could be that you are overriding the settings for the cut pens in your wall settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry, thanks for responding. The image was taken from a direct marquee save from the details view to a PDF file. But i have a similar problem when i plot the drawings placed on a sheet layout. There are no overiding cut pens.. as since all of the elements involved are composites... still cant figure out how to fix... any other suggestions?
Barry Kelly
It is a bit hard without seeing the actual file.

Is there any point at which the pen weight is correct - for example the original section?

If yes then I would say your pen set is being changed in the view settings or a Graphic Override is being used.

If no then the building material setting must be using the wrong fill pen.

Make sure you have no Graphic Overrides in play (or possibly even renovation filters).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11