Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Calibri Font Error ArchiCAD 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ArchiCAD users,

We are experiencing an issue where our published drawing sets aren't displaying any bolded text. It displays fine on screen and it seems to be an ArchiCAD issue rather than a pdf viewer issue as we have checked across different viewers. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there workaround?

Alternatively, is there a list available of fonts that publish correct from the platform?

For reference, our office uses ArchiCAD 21 on Windows 10 and our drawing set is in Calibri Light currently.

Kind regards,

Ingrid
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I could test, only "Calibri Light" had an issue of not displaying bold fonts in PDF.
Try just "Calibri" it worked for me.

Regards!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for testing that, we will look into changing our font.

I am confused as to why ArchiCAD includes fonts that do not display correctly within the package, that seems counter-intuitive. It will take us at least half a day to change the font across our whole set so it is rather disappointing we could not rely on ArchiCAD in this case.
Karl Ottenstein
synergine_ingrid wrote:
I am confused as to why ArchiCAD includes fonts that do not display correctly within the package, that seems counter-intuitive. It will take us at least half a day to change the font across our whole set so it is rather disappointing we could not rely on ArchiCAD in this case.
ARCHICAD is no different than any other standard app - Word, Excel etc: it displays all system fonts. I didn't test here, but in the past, issues like this involved fonts that didn't follow standards. I don't know of any app that checks system fonts for standards compliance or other issues. Best to always check that a font works on-screen, and in printed and PDF docs before committing to it.

In the case of Calibri Light - the entire purpose of the "Light" is to use a thin stroke, so bolding a light font doesn't really make sense...it should result in ordinary Calibri I think.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl, thank you for the reply.

Yes, we have certainly learnt the lesson about testing fonts before committing! It is frustrating however as it displays correctly on screen. You can bold Calibri Light normally in other applications, and on screen in ArchiCAD it displays correctly also, the error is only when it is run through the publisher (i.e. pressing 'print' on individual pages seems to display differently again).

When bolded it appears all the same through the publisher, not as if the bolded parts go to normal Calibri. We are working on changing our bolded parts to the normal Calibri font manually which will work - will just need to remember to always do so instead of just pressing bold

Thank you all