Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Can't amend renovation status in viewset created from detail

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not able to amend the renovation status of a viewset created from a detail. I don't understand why? See attached, yellow exclamation mark.

I have made sure I have the viewset reserved.

viewset_palette.jpg

18 REPLIES 18
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dan:

When the Detail is the front window and I change the Renovation Filter I get this Warning, which explains the situation.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
Reno_Detail_warning.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

Thank you for your reply. That explains it.
I have also taken your advice and amended my signature for the future.

Thanks again.

Dan.
Geof Gainer
Booster
I don't get it -- I can't make my detail's renovation filter stick:

1. In plan view, with renovation: Planned Status on, I place a detail marker.
2. I open the detail, and renovation: Existing Plan is on.
3. I switch to renovation: Planned Status, see the rebuild warning, and click "Change Anyway".
4. I hit "Rebuild from Source View" and the detail looks as it should.
5. Now in the Navigator, I select the detail, click Settings, and see the same yellow warnings Dan got. I tried hitting "Get Current Window's Settings", but when I click OK, it's reverted to renovation: Existing Plan again. No difference when I place the detail on a layout -- it's still on Existing Plan.

How do I make the renovation filter stick?
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem that Geof has (or had if if found the solution for it in the meanwhile)

...did you???
Geof Gainer
Booster
No, still dealing with it. My work around is to select all after the detail looks as it should, then hit Rennov: New, then Rennov: Existing, and save settings. Then when I double click the detail in Navigator it pops up in existing mode, but with all new stuff too, and I just flesh out the detail in existing mode as though it were new. Follow?

Yes it's a pain. Don't know why it does this. But I assume we'd be hearing from more people if everyone had the problem? I'll have to see if the problem's still there in AC17.
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure I got your work around. At this stage I just tagged those elements I needed documented as existing cos I have a deadline >.<

Finger crossed, AC17 will have this solved?!
Eduardo Rolon
Having the same problem with Patches. Cannot Edit Reno Status.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok not sure if this will fix your problem or not, but I believe that in the "view map" - "details" - settings, the overall settings for all the sublisted details not the individual detail view settings, you can set the renovation status and it will apply to all the sublisted details. If you would like both demo and new details, then you will have to use the clone a folder option to create a new sublisted set of details (kind of like the difference between floor plans and reflected ceiling plans) and in that new folders settings, set the other renovation filter you would like to use.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ahoopes:

Good catch. Works here for a Clone Folder (a regular View Map Folder does not have any Settings).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14