BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Can you update the template for an existing project?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all - I was wondering if anyone could share their workflow in terms of how they manage templates. Specifically I'm finding that I am always updating my base template with new information and items (line types, composites, etc.). So what happens is I will start a project using my base template. Then say 4 or 6 months later when I'm ready to dive into the CD's for that project the base template I originally started with has now been updated w/ a lot of new information. Is there a way to get the original base template I started with to "update" within my project so it has all of the most current items I've added to the template? Hope this is making sense...thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven’t done this but maybe you could hotlink in the template

Scott
Barry Kelly
For new attributes (layers, pens surfaces, etc.) you can use the Attribute manager to transfer from one file to another.
Things like new section/elevation lines or views, you will need to create them manually.
Layouts you can copy from one file to another but any drawings on them will remain linked to the original file - so you will have to re-link them to the new file.
it is easier just to create new layout pages.
Anything that you have modelled, you can just copy and paste.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!