Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Ceiling object area calulation

Jii
Participant

To make suspended ceilings I'd like to use ceiling objects like :

Ceiling Editor INT_v2.01 

or

https://www.ecophon.com/en/e-tools/ecophon-bim-objects/

or

https://www.bimobject.com/fi/paroc/product/par_pan_des

but the problem is I can't find a way to calculate ceiling area to my schedule.

Does anyone know how to get object (bottom) area to schedule ?

I can see the total area inside object information (attachment), but none of scheduling parameters are not able to calculate it.

Thank you beforhand!

Objekti ymmärtää neliöt.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ricardo Lopez
Enthusiast

Hi Jii,

Normally this kind of objects have their own parameters and they can be selected from Add Fields...> Library Part Parameters... where you can select the object and the available parameters for your scheme. Sadly Absorbing surface for this one is a calculated value to be displayed in the object settings dialog. We cannot even check how it was calculated because its GDL code is partially blocked.

A simple workaround could be using the fill tool and Show Area Text.

20220506_GSC_BO_CEILING.jpg
Arq. Ricardo López | projectser.com | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Ricardo Lopez
Enthusiast

Hi Jii,

Normally this kind of objects have their own parameters and they can be selected from Add Fields...> Library Part Parameters... where you can select the object and the available parameters for your scheme. Sadly Absorbing surface for this one is a calculated value to be displayed in the object settings dialog. We cannot even check how it was calculated because its GDL code is partially blocked.

A simple workaround could be using the fill tool and Show Area Text.

20220506_GSC_BO_CEILING.jpg
Arq. Ricardo López | projectser.com | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

Thank you very much for clearing this out for me. Paroc have a nice object but missing very important part. 

I also found an area parameter that shows ceiling area from ceiling made by: ceiling editor INT_v2.01. Sadly this object doesn't work properly. However I can make ceiling whit it and get area in my schedule.

Thank you and have a nice week!