Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Change Manager palette not showing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I click on the change manager button (AC20), it turns blue, but there is no change manager palette appearing. Am I doing something wrong?

edit: I saved it as ver 19, opened it in AC19 and the change manager is ok there.
I guess it must be a bug.
This post can be moved and I'll report it.
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
Is it because it is off on a second screen somewhere or has been dragged beyond the limits of your only screen?

Try re-applying your Work Environment or apply the Standard WE to see if it comes back to a default location.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Is it because it is off on a second screen somewhere or has been dragged beyond the limits of your only screen?

Try re-applying your Work Environment or apply the Standard WE to see if it comes back to a default location.

Barry.
Hi Barry thanks for the reply. I realised I was using my old profile from a previous job sorry!

I tried that and no go. I also gathered windows (found a command in Win 10).
Now I've lost my toolbar settings because I didn't save them as a profile woops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using 5025 NZE by the way. None of my old plans show the change manager palette.
Barry Kelly
I am not sure what gathering windows is but the Change Manager is a palette in Archicad so I don't think it will respond to any windows OS commands.

Try reducing your screen resolution then open Archicad.
Now increase your screen resolution back to maximum and you may find any lost palettes.

Applying a standard WE should have reset the palette position as well.

If you ever modify the WE and want to keep those settings be sure to save a new or update an existing scheme and also the main profile.
Never leave anything as 'custom'.
This goes for layers and Model View Options as well.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
elliott wrote:
I'm using 5025 NZE by the way. None of my old plans show the change manager palette.
It has nothing to do with the files you have open.
The palette locations are saved in the Work Environment and this is an Archicad setting that applies to the program itself - whether you have a plan open or not.

I just experimented with it.
I dragged the CM palette out of Archicad to a second screen and re-applied the standard WE but it did not bring the palette back to its original location.
Just turned it off but it stayed where it was when turned back on (i.e. on the second screen).
But that may not be the case if you only have one screen.

I dragged it off the bottom of my screen so I could just see it in the Windows task bar along the bottom.
Re-applying the WE brought it back into the Archicad screen.

Do you have just the one screen or two?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
I am not sure what gathering windows is but the Change Manager is a palette in Archicad so I don't think it will respond to any windows OS commands.

Try reducing your screen resolution then open Archicad.
Now increase your screen resolution back to maximum and you may find any lost palettes.

Applying a standard WE should have reset the palette position as well.

If you ever modify the WE and want to keep those settings be sure to save a new or update an existing scheme and also the main profile.
Never leave anything as 'custom'.
This goes for layers and Model View Options as well.

Barry.
Thanks Barry.
Gathering the windows pulls any windows outside of the screen together into a cascade.
The screen resolution trick didn't work, neither did the standard WE or the cadimage or layout WEs.

Do other windows 10 users of AC20 have no problem with this?
I tried other (older) files as well, same problem.

Pete

i75960x, R9 nano, Dell 34" + Dell 27", AC20 5025
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a bug peculiar to New Zealand. They sent me a fix - a modified profile.
Barry Kelly
Good to here you got it sorted.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27