BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Change Uncut Skin Lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I have created a roof made from a composite of different skins. I am aware there is a way to change a roofs uncut line pen, but I what to change the different line pens of specific lines of a single roof ( see attached, I want the line with the red arrow to have a very thick line, the line with the blue arrow to have a medium thickness, and the line with the black arrow to have a thin line). Thanks for your help. ( Attached is also a photo of what I wish to achieve, drawn with lines.)
2 REPLIES 2
It appears that what you are wanting to is it for a simple 2D drawing since you don't show any ridge cap on the hips or ridges. When you just want to make the roof outlines bolder you might just as well draw a line.
One way you can get those lines to be bolder is to add some ridge and assign a different pen to it. For example, the Eptar tile roof objects as shown below.
https://www.eptar.hu/cadsupport.php?id=product_block&pID=7&Lang=ENG
It's Free too

Just a tip on how to use the Terran_Topridge (ridge object) -- you adjust the angle to fit the pitch of the hips with the column icon in the pop-up Another good way to do that is with the Morph tool. In 3D window you can put a morph line on the ridges and that way you won't have to draw a line in every view of the roof.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
It appears that what you are wanting to is it for a simple 2D drawing since you don't show any ridge cap on the hips or ridges. When you just want to make the roof outlines bolder you might just as well draw a line.
One way you can get those lines to be bolder is to add some ridge and assign a different pen to it. For example, the Eptar tile roof objects as shown below.

2019-07-27_11-00-48.jpg

https://www.eptar.hu/cadsupport.php?id=product_block&pID=7&Lang=ENG
It's Free too

Just a tip on how to use the Terran_Topridge (ridge object) -- you adjust the angle to fit the pitch of the hips with the column icon in the pop-up 2019-07-27_11-13-49.jpg

Another good way to do that is with the Morph tool. In 3D window you can put a morph line on the ridges and that way you won't have to draw a line in every view of the roof.

2019-07-27_11-32-26.jpg

2019-07-27_11-33-29.jpg

Thank you Steve, I will download that and give it a try
Learn and get certified!