Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Changing Dimension Units from Inches to Meters on a Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i've been using archicad for a couple of years now, and everytime i wanted to document my projects I would export them to autocad. Unfortunately this process consumes a lot of time, so i decided to do it on archicad now that i'm working on a current project.
My problem is that i have added dimensions on the project, in meters (metric formation), but when i switch to layout all my dimensions appear in the Imperial form (inches).
Can anyone help me with this? I've gone to "Project Preferences" and switched all the options to meters.

Thanks for the help
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Which version of ArchiCAD you are using ? I presume version 12.
In this case, firstly you need to create your own template of style and save it a name. Like what you did, go to Project Preferences and change the parameter you prefer and SAVE it (actually it is called ADD)

Then in Project/View Map, use Setting (bottom of the panel) to assign this style to all the working view. This also works in the layout navigator.

Lastly, please forget about exporting to AutoCAD when using ArchiCAD. ArchiCAD is far more better.

Enjoy and Good luck
Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could it be Option > Project Preferences > Working Units & Levels > Layout Unit: ??
Erika Epstein
Booster
You need to redefine your view(s) with the Metric dimensioning active. the layouts are remembering the views set with Imperial dimensioning.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
In this case, firstly you need to create your own template of style and save it a name. Like what you did, go to Project Preferences and change the parameter you prefer and SAVE it (actually it is called ADD)
Then in Project/View Map, use Setting (bottom of the panel) to assign this style to all the working view. This also works in the layout navigator.