BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Column renovation status disabled Mac.

PClarke
Booster

I'm having an extremely odd issue. The issue is related to Archicad 25 on Mac, it doesn't occur on PC.

I modified a column, changing it from a custom profile to a standard square profile.

After changing this it disabled the renovation status for the column - I cannot change it.

The layer isn't locked or anything, just the renovation status is greyed out.

I've changed the renovation status on thousands of columns before without issue but this one seems be spreading like a virus - after this occurred, every column in every project that I open has the potential to cause this issue. If I change the column in any way the renovation status is now disabled.

I've tried turning off the renovation palette, I've tried playing around with the renovation filters and graphic override filters.

The biggest issue is that after this occurs I can't fix it on the PC version of archicad, so if I save on Mac it basically ruins the file, because I can no longer modify the columns in any way. This includes newly created columns, if I change from the default settings or change the default setting the created column has this same bug.

Whereas on PC if I open a file which hasn't been saved on Mac since this issue started occurring it works perfectly fine, I can modify the renovation status without issue. If I open it on PC after saving on Mac the columns are forever stuffed.

This is with Archicad 25 with the 7000 update. It still occurs after reinstalling.

Using Monterey 12.6.6 on 5K Retina 2020 iMac.

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

Are you trying to change the reno status of the segment section of the settings?

If so that needs to be done with the renovation palette.

BarryKelly_0-1699604160086.png

Try going to the classification & properties section and you should be able to change the status of the entire column there.

BarryKelly_1-1699604267130.png

If that is not it, can you show an image of where it is locked?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
PClarke
Booster

I've made progress in a sense, I think, there is something stuffing around with the classification system.

These are the classifications that should appear, with Archicad Classification - V 2.0 being what is on by default.

Archicad Classification - 20

Archicad Classification - 22

Archicad Classification - v 2.0

Uniclass 2015 - April 2019

Uniclass 2015 - Jan 2018

Uniclass 2015 - Jan 2021

Upon making a change all the classification items disappear.

Importing the classification from another project that I have yet to resave seems to fix it, but if I save the project again it stuffs itself and I have to import through the classification manager again.

I thought renovation status was separate from this but there seems to be conflict somewhere.

That seems like a lot of classification systems to have in one file.

I don't think they have anything to do with it.

I just deleted the classification so there is none available and I can still change the reno status.

Can you save a new file that has just one or two columns that do not work?

Delete all layouts, views, extra storeys, and anything in the embedded library.

i.e. make the file as small as possible.

And then attach the file here (you may have to zip it as well).

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

I've resolved the issue, uninstalled, deleted the graphisoft folder, reinstalled a second time, downloaded the classification packages from the BIM content page, applied an old customised work environment.

I can now amend renovation status after modifying columns.

I think the bug is with my OS in general rather than Archicad, a couple other programs have been having strange issues as of today.

I am glad you seem to have it sorted, but I am not sure why that worked.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!