Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Continuos elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a box enclosing an stair case, not all the angles of the box are 90 degrees, some are some not. I want to create a continuous elevation of all the sides of the box. Is that possible? Another question that arose me when I was an Autocad user it is that if it possible to create developed elevations of curved facades, auto cad lacked of that option so I always switched to Rhino, is this task possible with Archicad?
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
I would do separate elevations perpendicular to each wall of your stair and then just place them next to each other on your layout page.

No, Archicad can't do curved elevations.
All you can do is many short elevations tangential to the curve and then place them together ion a layout - but I could imaging this would get very messy.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
I would do separate elevations perpendicular to each wall of your stair and then just place them next to each other on your layout page.

No, Archicad can't do curved elevations.
All you can do is many short elevations tangential to the curve and then place them together ion a layout - but I could imaging this would get very messy.

Barry.
Thank you for your answer, but like a newie, I have the elevation in differens layouts, how can I put them in the same layout?, just copy+paste?
Barry Kelly
Yes, just copy and paste or cut and paste may be better.

You can also drag the drawings in the navigator list from one layout to another.
Holding CTRL (command on Mac?) while doing this will give you a copy of the drawing leaving the original where it was.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Yes, just copy and paste or cut and paste may be better.

You can also drag the drawings in the navigator list from one layout to another.
Holding CTRL (command on Mac?) while doing this will give you a copy of the drawing leaving the original where it was.

Barry.
Tkx
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Barry wrote:
It is the option key on the Mac (standard Mac interface for most applications).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
You can also use the Interior Elevation tool if you don't want separate elevations from the Elevation tool. It is still kind of messy but would give a certain higher degree of control in the model/view map. Edges won't connect though, but it is easy to assemble in layout.

As for curved elevation, the same principle might apply. Small elevations using the Interior Elevation tool. Watch this video to see how it could be done.