BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Contour Lines in sections do not comply Building Materials priorities

Durval
Enthusiast
The images below show a detail of a section with a slab, a beam and two walls.

The first image is what I get.

The second image is what I want: I manually added vertical black lines on the edges of the beam.

The reddish lines in the walls is masonry (priority = 510); the black lines in slab and beam is structural concrete (priority = 760).

The priorities work as expected for the fills of the elements – concrete fill goes on top of the masonry fill, but not for the contour lines of the elements: the sides of the beam are red instead of black.
Changing display order does not change this situation.
All the layers have the same intersection index.
This project was started in an old ArchiCAD version (v7, if I correctly recall). If I set Preferences to use Legacy method for intersections, the problem with lines goes away, but then a bunch of other intersection problems arise.
Any tips?
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

It would be hard to tell what it is exactly based on just this, but I think either the pens of the beam are messed up, or something is stuck in your project from the old version. Can you send me the file (in a Private Message) so that I can take a look?

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!