BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Current Renovation Filter

James Hawthorn
Participant

I am trying to paste some elements from one plan file to another plan file and I get this. It doesn't tell how to turn off this filter.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 8.23.33 AM.png

4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

James:

Check which Reno Filters (Existing, Demo, New) are set to Show in the original file and make sure this same filters are visible in the second file.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

Hi David,

The file Im copying from is set to Project Completion. The file I'm copying to doesn't have that option. 

I don't see a profile tab. I also don't see your example.

James

James:

Here is the Reno Filter Options:

Reno Filter Options.png

The Reno Filters are like Layer Combinations, they can differ between files, so if you may want to set up a matching Option for the second file. 

And here is my signature, I don't know why it doesn't show for you (the Community has recently been upgraded and I cannot find where under My Settings the signature is set, maybe someone else knows). You'll find other users with similar signatures:

Signature example.png

Hope this helps,

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

If you set up a RenovationFilter that shows all objects regardless of RenovationStatus - then you should be able to paste anything into your active view since they are not hidden by the settings of the RenovationFilter.

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future
Learn and get certified!