Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Curtain Wall Dimension Snap in elevations

reidweber
Enthusiast

Hello, 

For expanses of glass walls, I'll use the curtain wall tool. In an elevation, I will dimension the overall wall height and then in a separate string, dimensions the muntin and mull sizes.  The dimensions do not update with the curtain wall if changes are made (like they do in a floor plan if snapped to the wall), instead they are deleted. Are there strategies to dimension the curtain wall so that they can update automatically if minor adjustments are made to the mullion pattern or length? Whenever changes are made, I've noticed only the dimension to the top and bottom stay, but the rest of the smaller dimensions are deleted. Thanks

reidweber_0-1677337061949.png

ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
2 REPLIES 2
JeffH
Enthusiast

I have had the same issues often.

I gave up on chasing my tail on this a few projects ago, and just place Hotspots that are what the dimensions are linked to, rather than the Curtainwall or Window..

I still have to move them when the openings change, but it at least keeps the dimension string from deleting itself.

AC24 / AC26
Win10

Good workaround, I'll try it. 

ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x