Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Curtain Wall Doors in Door Schedule

cmcastleman
Participant

Hello,

I am working on a door schedule that combines typical doors with curtain wall doors. 

Two of my curtain wall doors are showing up correctly in the schedule (102A and 102B), but the other three are not showing their zone or related zone name. 

All of the zones have the same settings, and all of the doors have the same settings. I have already looked at the zones, and they are to the extents that they need to be, and they are on the same story setting as the doors. 

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I am attaching screenshots of the schedule and the scheme settings. 

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 9.26.54 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 9.27.01 AM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

okay.  some cw/zone combinations are going to play nice and some aren't.

What we did to overcome the problem was to create two properties - Room Name and Room Number. Both are string type that use an expression that is simply "Related Zone Name" and "Related Zone Number". The schedule is modified to reference the properties and not the zone fields.

If the door latches to the zone, it populates this value. If it doesn't they are empty strings which you can fill in manually. 

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

are the curtain wall doors classified as doors? Is your schedule looking for doors by classification?

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Yes, each curtain wall door is classified as a door (see below). And yes, the schedule is first searching for elements types that are doors. The screenshot of the scheme settings for the schedule are above. 

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 9.56.31 AM.png

could you post a screenshot with the curtainwall and the zone highlighted? I've had to play around with the settings for both (cw reference line & zone boundary) to get this to work.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Below is a screenshot of one of the doors that is not showing the related zone number/name. The zone is pulled to the reference line of the door. I have tried changing the reference line, drawing the zone around each of the mullions, pulling the zone a bit inside the CW doors, etc. Nothing has seemed to work. 

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 11.39.17 AM.png

Solution

okay.  some cw/zone combinations are going to play nice and some aren't.

What we did to overcome the problem was to create two properties - Room Name and Room Number. Both are string type that use an expression that is simply "Related Zone Name" and "Related Zone Number". The schedule is modified to reference the properties and not the zone fields.

If the door latches to the zone, it populates this value. If it doesn't they are empty strings which you can fill in manually. 

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1