BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Curtain wall + Glass Panels

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there guys

Just wanted to ask if anyone could guide me with how to:

1. dimension a curved curtain wall (in the fashion of a detailed construction.)
2. a detail drawing of how glass walls are supported, for example a 26m one, like broken into 3m ones and the joints from the roof and the floor

Thanks for any help.

Jamie
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
So, none answered you.....did you find a way to dimension a curved curtain wall ? would be great it someone could help in this regard? ...
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Well the 'curve' is turned into straight panels, so you would have to dimension the individual panels that make up the segments.

If you want to dimension the diameter of the cure of the reference line, you could add a curved gridmarker or polyline or circle and dimension that. The reference line doesn't print, so you would have to show some form of 2D documentation there if you feel that the circle is important to building documentation.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erwin, yes I thought of those too...but the fact remains that if in a big project (teamwork) someone would change the curtain wall and not the arch then the dimensions are incorrect. What I did in the end was to create a schedule which indicates the height and length of every curtain wall. Now the Quantity Survey can calculate costs from there. Cheers.
Learn and get certified!