Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Custom ArchiCAD parameters for AutoText?

splinter
Contributor
Hello forum,

We have come across a scenario in a project where our workflow would benefit from custom parameters to be used in autotexts. Using the parameters for Project Details, Client Details etc. is not sufficient. We have experimented with the Property Manager in ArchiCAD but can't get the parameters to show up properly as autotexts.

Any ideas on how to create custom parameters for autotexts?

Architect | Computational Designer
ArchiCAD 25 | Win 11 | 4800HS | RTX 2060 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD
www.johanwall.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend
splinter wrote:
But I guess I'm out of luck.
No, you're not. You can add more custom fields inside the "project info" dialog and reference those everywhere. (:
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Properties will not show in autotext for the text tool, because properties are associated to elements and text is just plain text - it has no reference to any elements and has no properties of its own.

Try using the autotext label with the label tool.
This will use the same auto text but will read the values from the element you associate it to.
Of course you will need to associate that property that you want to an element.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
splinter
Contributor
Hi Barry,

Thank you for your answer. As I understand it, there is no way to create custom parameters the way I want. Using the label tool and associating it with an element is no way to go in this scenario, as there is not always an element to label.

As this parameter feature technically already exists in ArchiCAD (Project Details, Site Details etc.) I thought it would be possible to create similar but custom parameters. But I guess I'm out of luck.
www.johanwall.com
Solution
runxel
Legend
splinter wrote:
But I guess I'm out of luck.
No, you're not. You can add more custom fields inside the "project info" dialog and reference those everywhere. (:
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
splinter
Contributor
Well look at that! The answer was apparently right under my nose. I have never noticed that I can add more fields in the Project Info. It will become messy and not so elegant to manage with lots of new parameters, but it will do. Now I just wish I could create new groups and not just new fields...

Thanks for enlightening me!

www.johanwall.com