BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Custom Cover Fill Orientation for Wall Surfaces

kylevfa
Booster

I noticed that for slabs in floor plan there is an option to change the cover fill orientation to custom distortion however there are no similar options for walls. For our floor finish plan this feature is very helpful as we can accurately indicate where to start the floor tile without having to draw an additional fill. However for our interior elevations we have to either manually draw an additional fill or view the wall in 3D and use Align 3D Texture.

Am I simply missing where this option is or is this the only way to change the cover fill in elevation?

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 4.40.08 PM.png

  

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 4.40.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 4.40.53 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Walls do not have a cover fill option like slabs do.

You can only use the fill pattern associated to the surface material of the wall.

And you have also discovered it can only be aligned in the 3D view - and it will affect the surface on both sides of the wall.

You have to use a separate fill in elevation or add a tile object that will allow you to adjust the tile pattern.

I am not sure if there is a tile object in the default library as I don't use it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @kylevfa,

did you try to use (Align 3D texture) feature from Document  menu?

See this link:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC27_Help%2F025_Attri...

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Yes however this is only possible in 3d View which is a little tedious when you have a backsplash tucked behind millwork etc.. Looking for a solution to do this in elevation view instead.

Solution

Walls do not have a cover fill option like slabs do.

You can only use the fill pattern associated to the surface material of the wall.

And you have also discovered it can only be aligned in the 3D view - and it will affect the surface on both sides of the wall.

You have to use a separate fill in elevation or add a tile object that will allow you to adjust the tile pattern.

I am not sure if there is a tile object in the default library as I don't use it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you Barry, figured that was the case sadly.

Learn and get certified!