BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Custom Detail Marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I always seem to reference details or sections on my floor plan just using text. Is there a way to make a custom marker that would be ( #DrgID / #LayID ) (Ex. 9/A-9.1) ??

I want this maker to be smart so I can reference details and if the detail moved around then it would update the drawing number accordingly.

I have a work around right know but it doesn't look that great.
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Detail Marker Simple 13 and Built-in Detail Marker:
Place a linked detail marker and turn set the marker Polygon to 'none'.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried what you said and turned off the marker head shape and marker polygon to "None". But this isn't how I want the marker to look.

I want it to read 8/A-9.2.

Any other ideas how to make this marker?
Picture 3.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is how I want my note reference to look.
Picture 4.png
Erika Epstein
Booster
Oops, sorry missed that.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
etomlins:

First, go to the Layout that has the Drawing you want to reference, select the Drawing, right-click the Drawing and select Set as Autotext Reference from the pop up list. Next, go to the text block where you want the reference, and where you want the Drawing Number, right-click in that spot and select Insert AutoText > Reference > Drawing ID ref., add the "/", then right-click again in that spot and select Insert AutoText > Reference > Layout ID ref. This will create references to the drawing and layout that will update as the drawing is moved (after moving the drawing I needed to Rebuild the window with the text to see the updated references). You can then select another drawing for reference and repeat the process, the first drawing will retain its references. See the Help files: Documentation > Annotation > Autotext > Autotext Reference Drawing for more information.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!