BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Custom labels.

Nic Tulban
Booster

Describing details, I need to display in the same label properties of the fills together with properties of the materials they represent. More clear, I need a label which should contain the Material Name, the Renovation Status (of the fill) and the Material Description. Has someone any idea?

4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Could you please attach a screenshot that would show the fill, the building material, and possibly you could place a Text Block that would indicate the type of information you want displayed in the Label?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Waiting for a solution, thank you for your answer!

NicTulban_0-1681190640161.png

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

What I don't know from you image is whether that fill your "Kalkputz" label is pointing to is a Fill element in a Section (or Detail), or it is a component of a Complex Profile?

Fill elements do not have Properties.

Also, when you are labeling a Fill, Properties of Building Materials are not available as Autotext.

So I do not know how this could be achieved. 

If you place a Fill and select its Fil lCategory to be "Building Material (Cut Fill)", then Fill Name, Renovation Status, and Building Material Name can be displayed in the Label using Autotext, but no Material Description.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Nic Tulban
Booster

It is a fill in a detail (as I mentioned in the first post). 
I thought there is a way to access the material description as an essential information in this context. The material description has the same value as the material name (if not greater).

So, I have to use "dead", hand-written information copy-pasted for all the instances of the fills representing the same material? I doesn't sound at all as a BIM professional solution...

Thank you anyway, Laszlo!

Learn and get certified!