Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cut Fills in Section

griggadee
Contributor
Afternoon folks,

I seem to be having major case of memory loss today! I cannot for the life of me remember how to show my cut fills on composite walls whilst in section. I want to show the same linetypes and fill as in my plan view. See attached screen grab for details.

Could someone please give me a slap in the face and remind me how to do this? I have checked the override options in model view settings and this doesn't seem to be the answer.

Thanks,

Section Cut Fills.jpg
Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If the modelview options are not overriding them, it could be partial structure display or renovation override settings.

Or maybe you are using trace and reference to hide the fills.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
griggadee
Contributor
Thanks again Erwin.

After playing around with all of those possibilities, but to no avail, I finally deleted the section and drew a new one, and amazingly, it's fine now!

Sometimes, the old 'turn it off & on again' IT advice really does do the business and sort out the unexplainable!

Cheers,
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
Barry Kelly
griggadee wrote:
After playing around with all of those possibilities, but to no avail, I finally deleted the section and drew a new one, and amazingly, it's fine now!
If that is the case I would say might have been the cut elements properties in your section settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
griggadee
Contributor
Thanks Barry.

I tried all of those properties too, but only the 3d materials and the vectorial hatching would come on, not the cut fills. It was very strange indeed!

Cheers,